Spring is a time of rebirth. After a long period of resting nature bursts into life again with wonderful colors and smells. This is also the time when our bodies “wake up” and we feel more energetic. Here are seven things you can start doing right now to refresh yourself and embrace the changes of the season.
- Progress is your focus – Whether big or small, new or old, you may have set your goals at the beginning of the year. Now it’s the time to re-direct your focus from these goals per se to the progress you’ve already made. Just think what you have learned so far and where you are today. Look at how you’ve progressed as a person in the various areas of your life. It’s the process that will take you to the next step.
- Use your strong points – To get where you are today you have definitely used your strong points. Define them once more, bring them to the surface if you haven’t already and focus on them. They are your everyday “allies.”
- Try something new – Spring is the time to get out and try something new. Make a list of five things you would like to do. Choose the one or two that are most appealing to you and try them out. It’s a great way to put your energy into something that makes you happy.
- Go for a walk in nature – If you live and work in a big city you know how hard it is to find green. Walking in nature is beautiful and comforting, creates harmonious feelings that can diffuse anxiety and helps you stay calm and refreshed.
- Lighten your work space – During winter your office space may have been a bit cluttered with lots of books sitting on your desk or papers waiting to be filed away. Now is a good time to do some spring cleaning and get rid of whatever you don’t really need. You may start by minimizing the things you have on your desk.
- Create your magical garden – Spring is full of blooming flowers in amazing colors. You don’t need a big space or an actual yard to create your own garden. Any space will do. You can start from scratch, plant your own seeds and see your plants growing or you can buy some ready made pots with the flowers or herbs that you prefer. The result in either case will be absolutely rewarding.
- Take care of yourself – Devote time to yourself to do your own “internal cleaning” the same way you do for your house or office. Think about what you would like to keep and what you would like to let go. Perhaps there are “weeds” you need to get rid of in order to create your internal support system. Perhaps you have hobbies that offer you relaxation and joy like exercising, meditation, reading. Whatever it may be now is the time to start fresh.
Spring is all about new life, change and a fresh start. Just hit your reset button!